This luxurious villa is located in the heart of Higgovale, on the slopes of Table mountain. Voted house of the month in January 2009 by House and Leisure.
Higgovale is a very convenient located exclusive suburb in the city bowl, 5 minutes drive to the famous beaches of Camps Bay and Clifton, the popular V&A Waterfront and Cape Town city center. Vibrant and trendy Kloof street with its many coffee shops, eateries, restaurants and shops is located within walking distance.
While the high-walled exterior suggests that what lies beyond will be in good taste, nothing can quite prepare you for the sight that unfolds as you enter: a panoramic wall of greenery reminiscent of a tropical rain forest, complete with the real-life soundtrack of a babbling stream and melodious birdsong. The villa with its spectacular environment is clad entirely in timber, an effect that feels both earthy and sexy. Vital to the awesome indoor-outdoor experience at the heart of this villa are two cantilevered decks that extend out over the glen, producing a sensation of hovering in nature. Floor-to-ceiling sliding doors allow the views to be the main event.
The living areas are open plan, though essentially set on one level, the kitchen and dining room are poised slightly higher than the lounge and TV area, to demarcate zones and create interest. The master bedroom en suite with jacuzzi bath, 2nd and 3rd bedroom with family bathroom are located in a private wing, lending them a contained feel.
The inspiration for the decor, fittingly, was nature. Organic materials and forms with a base palette of neutrals reflect the exterior”s tranquillity.
Living and Dining – open plan
– formal lounge
– TV lounge with plasma 46 ” TV
– surround sound system, DVD player, ADSL internet/WIFI
– 10 seater dinning table
– underfloor heating
– central fire place
– outdoor dinning for 6 persons
– entrance foyer
Kitchen and laundry /scullery
– fully equipped kitchen
– dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer
– freezer/fridge with automatic ice maker
– dual gas and electric burners/stove
Master bedroom (king bed)
– en suite with his/hers basins, jacuzzi bath, superb shower and heated towel rails
– opens up onto private deck over the glen.
2nd bedroom (queen bed)
– opens onto the manicured lawn and pool area
3rd bedroom (double bed)
– could also be a twin room or office – ideal for corporates
– services Bedroom 2 and 3
– bath and superb shower, heated towel rail
Garaging for two vehicles
Large Pool (9mx4m) with own deck area
– 2 loungers, 4 deck chairs and 2 trade wind umbrellas
Large level lawn area
Traditional South African half drum braai
Villa fully alarmed with automatic armed response service