Dating back over 200 years, the Homestead is the original family home of Oldenburg Vineyards. It has been fully renovated and modernised, whilst retaining the history, architecture and charm of the Cape Dutch aesthetic. We believe that by sharing our farm with guests for a stay at the stunningly situated Homestead, we are providing a truly unique experience which enables them to connect with the farm, its vineyards, and to better understand our wines. We provide friendly yet exceptional hospitality in a thoroughly private environment.
Situated in the majestic Banghoek Valley, 10 minutes from Stellenbosch, the Homestead and gardens are nestled amongst Oldenburg’s spectacular vineyards and surrounded by picturesque mountains.
The Homestead offers a serene, private and exclusive environment, with a large private garden and magnificent mountain and vineyard views. Oldenburg Vineyards is ideally located, with some of South Africa’s best restaurants within close proximity. The charming university town of Stellenbosch is within easy reach.
The double-storey house is approximately 600 sq metres, and offers all modern conveniences at a five star level. It can accommodate up to 12 people in 6 luxury bedrooms.
There are two large outdoor entertaining areas and a large gated pool within the gardens.
The ground floor features the reception lounge, formal dining room, eat-in kitchen, entrance hall, guest cloakroom, living room and four bedrooms. The first floor comprises of a study and lounge area, the master bedroom suite and a twin bedroom.
All rooms in the house have stunning surrounding views of vineyards, the gardens and mountains. All bedrooms have air-conditioning and ceiling fans.
- 10 Minutes drive to Stellenbosch, 25 minutes to Franschhoek and one hour to Cape Town
- Ideally located at the heart of the wine route
- Numerous internationally recognised restaurants and wineries within easy driving distance
- Oldenburg Vineyards has an exquisite tasting room which can be visited
- The farm provides a unique natural setting for relaxing walks
Facilities & Features
- Reception lounge leading onto a large covered patio and garden
- Living room with satellite TV with view of the garden and swimming pool
- 12-Seater dining room leading onto a small courtyard
- Fully equipped eat-in kitchen leading onto a large patio with open braai area
- Open fireplaces in reception lounge, living- and dining rooms
- SIX DOUBLE ROOMS
- Master bedroom: king size extra length bed, dressing room, en-suite bathroom with bath and shower, balcony, adjoining lounge/study
- Bedroom 1: king size extra length bed, en-suite bathroom with shower, opens onto front patio and garden
- Bedroom 2: king size standard length bed, en-suite bathroom with shower, opens onto front patio and garden
- Bedroom 3: twin room with two adult-size single beds (can be converted into king bed), en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 4: queen standard, en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 5: twin room, adult-size single beds with adjacent bathroom with shower
- BEDROOM FACILITIES
- Garden, vineyard and mountain views
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fans
- Flat screen satellite TV with hospitality package
- Under floor heating and heated towel rails in bathrooms
- Hair dryers
- Two large outdoor entertainment areas offer multiple seating and lounging for guests
- main covered patio off the reception lounge with 12-seater table and lounging area
- open braai area off the kitchen with 12-seater table and lounging area
- Large gated pool with six loungers. Pool can be heated on request
- Safe parking
- Large garden
- Gym at pool area with cross trainer, weights, exercise ball and yoga mat
- 24 hrs Security
- Wireless internet access
- Music system for indoor and outdoor entertainment areas
- Rooms serviced daily – 2 full time housekeepers
- Continental breakfast daily
Brigo Maus and Thomas Werndl / Weyarn GERMANY
Thank you so much – we had a great time in this beautiful place!
Demetri Walters / London UK
The time has come for me to depart and I don’t want to go. Thank you for everything. Bliss!
December 2016 – January 2017
Muinonen Family / Turku FINLAND
From Finland to Wineland
Tasting with both hands Oldenburg
Close to paradise. Worth repeating more than twice
Thanks for great care and scrumptious morning fare
Our hats off to owners for good taste
Not a penny invested has gone to waste
Heynen and Morley Families / Cape Town SOUTH AFRICA
Had a fabulous family birthday and early Christmas get together. Everything was just perfect !
Francois Mostert / Cape Town SOUTH AFRICA
What a wonderful place – had an amazing stay – everyone so friendly and the surroundings are magnificent! One of the best places I have ever stayed!!
Jas Myburgh / Cape Town SOUTH AFRICA
Thank you for the most amazing experience ever! Heaven on earth!
James & Christine Leslie / Stockbridge UK
What a beautiful place! Breathtaking
The Carrolls / London UK
We all had a great time – beautiful villa and setting! Many thanks!
Chinoy Family / Karachi PAKISTAN
We had a fantastic time in this gorgeous villa. Golden sunsets and full moon experiences added to the beauty. Many thanks to Annine for making all the arrangements for us. Thanks to Samantha & Lena – very efficient! We hope to be back! Highly recommended!
Fran & Nelis Swart / Johannesburg SOUTH AFRICA
A wonderful weekend in a magnificent home. Wonderfully looked after by Annine & her team! xxx
Sobotka Family / GERMANY
Wonderful as always. Thanks to Annine and Chef Beau!
Family Merz (3 Generations/11 People) / GERMANY
We had two wonderful, luxurious and warm-hearted weeks of family vacation – thank you so much !
Hakan & Kerstin Norell / SWEDEN
Tack för en underbar julhelg! Nu åker vi hem till snŏ och kyla i svesige. (Thanks for a wonderful holiday season! Now we go home to snow and cold in Sweden.)